This page lists various international reports and papers associated with the career development field.
Education to Employment
39 percent of employers say the skills gap is preventing them from filling entry level jobs. Meanwhile, in most of the world, less than half of students think their educations prepare them for employment.
Education to Employment (8 MB)
Guidance in Denmark
Guidance in Denmark (1 MB)
Future to Discover: Post-secondary Impacts Report
This paper found that offering better career education and an early guarantee of financial aid to lower-income high-school students has a“significant” effect on boosting their enrolment in post-secondary studies.
Future Work Skills 2020
The Work Skills Report focuses on skills for future work Skills 2020 , and looks at drivers of change. It was sponsored by the Institute for the Future, at the University of Phoenix Research Centre.http://www.iftf.org/futureworkskills2020
CfBT Education Trust
research paper - Evidence and Impact: Careers and guidance-related interventions
The project was aimed at informing the evidence base for careers and guidance. Three key resources produced as a result are:
- synthesis report
- online interactive resource
- literature review.
SIXTH INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND PUBLIC POLICY (BUDAPEST, 5-7 DECEMBER 2011)
The symposium paper submitted by DEEWR may be found under Australian Reports.
Various OECD documents
- Learning for Jobs - Vocational Education & Training Pointers for policy development_OECD_Sept2010 (See Chapter 3 - Career Guidance)
- Skills Beyond School: Post-Secondary VET Proposed Review Project Plan November 2010
- About - Skills Beyond School_The OECD review of postsecondary vocational education and training_Sept2010
- NZ - Career Education Benchmarks - A self-review tool for career development services in NZ secondary schools_Oct 2011
- Lifelong Guidance across Europe: Reviewing policy prosgress and future prospects_CEDEFOP_European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training_Aug 2011 European Centre for the Development of Vocational Training
- Careers England Policy Commentary 15A_published 2 Sept2011 Published by the Careers England Board of Directors
- Role-of-career-adaptability in skills supply_Evidence Report 35_Aug2011 UK Commission for Employment & Skills (UKCES)
- Role-of-career-adaptability in skills supply_Technical Report_Aug2011 UKCES
- Helping-individuals-succeed_Transforming-career-guidance_Aug2011 UKCES
- Integrating new technologies into careers practice_March 2011 UKCES
- The Hughes Report_to the UK PM and DPM from the Advocate for Access to Education_July 2011
- Careers Work with Young People_Collapse or Transition_UK_2011 Hooley & Watts
- Careers England Policy Commentary 15_April2011
- Career Information, Advice and Guidance in Scotland_March 2011 Published by the Scottish Government
- Learning for Jobs_The Relationship of Career Guidance to VET_Sept 2009 AG Watts
- Careers Profession Task Force_Towards a strong careers profession - UK Dept of Education - see footnote page 15 re CICA
- FE to HE Transitions: Understanding Vocational Learner Experiences in Higher Education - University of Westminister_May 2010
- The Shape of jobs to come - Possible New Careers Emerging from Advances in Science and Technology (2010 - 2030) Fast Future UK Jan 2010
- Moving through the system - information, advice and guidance_Ofsted_UK government - Department for children, schools and families_2009
- Fifth International Symposium Communique_2009 154.7 KB Fifth International Symposium Communique_2009.
- Quality Standards for Young People's Information, Advice & Guidance_IAG_UK 464.2 KB Quality Standards for Young People's Information, Advice & Guidance_IAG_UK
- Quality, Choice and Aspirations - a strategy for young people's information UK government - Department for children, schools and families_2009
- Why Career Development Matters (UK version) (174.9 KB) Professor Tony Watts OBE_Careers England
- Resolution on better integrating lifelong guidance into lifelong learnings (170.0 KB) Council of European Union_Nov08.
- UK Learndirect - Trends and Challenges (68.82 KB) UK Learndirect - Trends and Challenges (Watts & Dent 2008).
- Beyond the maze of materialism (34.87 KB) Eckersley 2008
- Capturing the Ripples - addressing the sustainability of social marketing (317.5 KB) Capturing the Ripples - addressing the sustainability of social marketing (Arulmani & Abdulla 2007).